Search This Blog

Available Language Options

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The king's speech

This is a brilliant, amazing, and inspirational movie. It was exactly what I needed!!! A speechless Prince that has to talk like a King!! The movie is about love, friendship, trust and fears.  It is about finding your own voice and talk to the world. It is not about the eloquence of grandiose orators.  It is about that inner voice, you want everybody to hear without being too vulnerable.  The movie also reminds me, how I used to change my voice to match my environment.  As a child, my dad used to call me the chameleon. I could copy accent, timbre and tone. It was my way to blend in.  The funny thing is that our son also noticed.  He said that he knows when I use my voice with my own accents or my “people” voice.  The truth is that imitating “people voice”  helps me in pronunciation.  I still easily stutter on many English words. It reminds me who I am and where I come from. So it is all good.

This movie beautifully depicts a struggle within each one of us.
A must see!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails