Search This Blog

Available Language Options

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book of the Week: Cultural Internationalism and World Order by Akira Iriye

This book is currently on top of my book wish list!
I like the fact that Akira Iriye analysis goes beyond traditional diplomatic history by incorporating cultural perspectives. I like the term of "cultural internationalism", I am not sure about world order but I will read this book!! As an international student, I found out that your cultural imprint goes beyond  "diplomacy", at the end you learn to adapt while understanding others. Akira Iriye seems to have a very liberal view. He is encouraging "cultural internationalism"beyond the traditional understanding of international relations as competition for power and wealth. His book was published in 1997 but I think the issue is still current!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails