Search This Blog

Available Language Options

Monday, June 28, 2010

Black Soul by Martine Chartrand

For Children:
Martine  Chartrand is a Haitian-Québécois animator.
Black Soul is a short animated movie of  9 minutes and 47 seconds.
I love the poetry. The images, the swirling lights and colors  are mesmerizing. From the baobab tree to the American Snows, it is a beautiful memory narrated by a grandmother to her grandson.


Please go to:
http://www.nfb.ca/playlists/exhibition-nfb-photos-70-years-images/viewing/black_soul/

2 comments:

  1. Wow...the animation really grabs you...feels like looking at an illustrated book with no pages...mesmerizing piece of work...reminds me of Camille Yarbrough's book Cornrows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flow.It is beautiful...I do not know about Yarbrough's book Cornrows.. I will look for it at the library! Thanks for passing by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails