Search This Blog

Available Language Options

Friday, July 23, 2010

Beyond the dreams: Marion Jones

Beyond a lifetime commitment to thrive, she made the wrong choices, cheated and lied like the rest of us. I wanted her to win in Sydney. Yes I did cry when she won the 100 and 200 meters. She was the ideal “big sister” model. Her work, dedication and commitment did inspire me.  And yes… I did cry when she admitted doping. I did lose my ideal “big sister”. However, the images of her tears made me realized that beyond the dreams there is life. No matter how much we want to accomplish our dreams, life is real. It is as real as blood, sweat, money, loss, lies, deception, pain, fear, shame, and tears. I needed to have a fairytale ending; I wanted her to be clean and proud. I needed one thing to be the way it should regardless of reality.Her confession made me grow up.

In 2007, she confessed about doping from September to July 2000. She was a mother of two.  I was a mother too.Her tears made me realized that beyond the dream of glorious victories in the Olympia, she was a daughter, a sister, a wife, a friend, and a mother.  I felt her pain, her shame and her fear for her family. I am happy that her teammates in relay have their medals back. I am amazed and proud that Marion Jones is coming back in the WNBA. This 34 years rookie is showing us that when you fall way down, you must stand up. It is life.It is real. It is the ideal way to reach our dreams and peace.

Thank you Marion Jones! You inspired me, and you are still inspiring me! And let us not forget that she won gold medals in 1997 in Athens!!!  Even Homer in the Iliad said “It is not possible to fight beyond your strength, even if you strive.” Let us be gentle and compassionate with ourselves. Let us forgive because life is hard enough…Let us be, beyond our glorious dreams of victories because life is “the real”Olympia.
Same Moonlight for our dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails