Search This Blog

Available Language Options

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bande dessinées and Comics for field trips.




Bande dessinées, or BDs are comics. I grew up with Franco-Belgian comics, and Manga.Now as a parent I am thrilled to share my comics with our son. So far he did learn about the Smurfs, Boule and Bill, Asterix and Tintin. And few decades later, they are still great. For us it is a French-English tool. He said that everything is different from the jokes, the tricks, the happy and the sad. Once he said that “it is like going to a field trip”. And he is right. When I first went to Europe, I was his age. Belgium was a long field trip full of chocolates, delicious waffles, perfect fries with mayonnaise and my first snow. Everything was different and I had a tough time adjusting from my tropical island. When I was introduced to BDs, it slowly made sense. I could finally comprehend my new environment.
My seven and his seven are different but so similar!
He introduced me to the best American animated television series “Avatar: The Last Airbender”. I can wait for the movie! My favorite episode is "The Crossroads of Destiny"
Until then, I did find “Tintin in Iraq”! I had to share!

Yes,we did find a full episode!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails