Search This Blog

Available Language Options

Monday, November 29, 2010

Foundation of the week- International Children's Digital Library

International Children's Digital Library Foundation is a non profit!!! 
It is exactly what I was looking for. I love that you can search books by countries. It did find books in Kinyarwanda and Swahili!! Maybe I will find something in Kirundi and Shikomor. I am a child of immigrants as well as my own child. Multiculturalism and multilingualism is inherited. As beautiful as diversity can be, children must have access to their family’s heritage and “native” language. According to UNESCO’s paper published in 2005, "Denial to access to information in one's mother tongue is equivalent to a denial of a human right."
Do not give up! There are resources out there…
Same Moonlight for our Dreams.

International Children's Digital Library





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails